Learn Technical SEO
September 03, 2019
I’m excited to announce that Elementive has released a new course diving into the fundamentals of tech SEO. This Tech SEO course is designed for marketers who aren’t technical but need to know the more technical aspects of search marketing. However, developers and designers who are already more technically inclined will also find value in this course to understand what aspects of design and development apply to SEO.
In this course, we cover duplicate and thin content, appropriate URL structures, ways of controlling robots, resolving errors, XML sitemaps, speed, and schema. Each course explains the main concepts you need to know but keeps it practical by providing guidance on questions you need to ask and tasks you need to complete.
By the end of the course, you will understand the best ways to rework your website’s code, server configuration, and site structure to help search engine robots better understand your website. The better robots understand your website, the better your chances of ranking higher in search results.
All Tech SEO Classes
- Understanding & Fixing Duplicate Content: Duplicate content can be penalized by Google and hurt your search engine performance. Learn how to spot duplicate content and other related issues.
- Implementing & Fixing URL Structure: Poor and inconsistent URL structures can negatively impact your site’s SEO. Learn all the parts of a URL and the best practices you should apply on your website.
- Search Robots & Robots.txt Controls: Google’s robots are impressive and have a lot of intelligent features. However, we need to help these robots out and guide them appropriately through our site.
- Measuring & Improving Website Speed: Slow load times and speed issues can be penalized by Google, along with driving away customers. Learn how to measure your site’s speed and ways to improve your website’s load time.
- Identify, Find & Fix Website Errors (404s & 500s): Website errors, such as 404s (Not Found Errors) and 500 (Server Errors) can negatively impact your site’s ability to rank. Learn how to identify and fix these errors.
- Creating & Troubleshooting XML Sitemaps: XML sitemaps help Google identify all the pages contained on your website. Learn how to implement, submit, and monitor XML sitemaps and how to troubleshoot common XML sitemap errors.
- Implementing & Testing Schema Mark Up: Schema markup can tremendously improve your ranking in Google. Learn more about identifying schema opportunities and how to configure schema.
More About Tech SEO
For more information, and for a guide that compliments this course, please check out my book, Tech SEO Guide—a pocket size resource covering the key questions and facts you need to know about tech SEO. As well, contact me if you have any questions, would like to provide any feedback, or want help reviewing these tech SEO factors on your website.